The Joint Safety Committee promotes excellence in safety and health by developing and implementing programs to meet the unique needs of the Aggregate and Ready Mixed Concrete industries; disseminate information on regulatory compliance and administration of health and safety programs, including training; providing operational input on safety and health issues to MSHA & OSHA as required; communicating and working with other committees in CRMCA & CRMCA, as well as NRMCA, NSSGA and other state association partners.
Safety Committee Overview
CRMCA works closely with members of the Colorado Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (CSSGA) in order to promote excellence in safety compliance.
Safety is an essential and critically important attribute of any ready mixed and/or mining operation. All of CRMCA’s producer members are focused on worker safety with a safe and well managed plant operation.
This Committee has a strong working relationship with numerous agencies including: the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the Department of Transportation, and the Mine Safety and Health Administration.
CRMCA Endorses Concrete Pumping Safety Wrapping as a Best Management Practice
1. Rodman C. Stewart Memorial Leadership Award: This award recognizes the outstanding individuals that have made substantial contributions to his or her company’s or to the industry’s efforts toward proactive, safe operating practices. Congratulations to Britney Guggisberg of Martin Marietta for her 2017 win!
2. Safety Innovation Award: This award recognizes the production employee who has made superior and innovative contributions to his or her company regarding safety efforts. Congratulations to Lynell Nichols of Martin Marietta and Mike Fraser and Tommy Rupprecht of Transit Mix Concrete Co. for their recognition in 2017!
3. Annual Team Safety Award: Plants and mining operations are awarded based upon the frequency rate of reportable incidents and lost time incidents on an annual basis.
4. Mixer Truck Driver of the Year Award: The Colorado Ready Mixed Concrete Association’s Driver of the Year Award acknowledges the significant contribution of ready mixed concrete truck drivers to the growth and success of individual companies and the ready mixed concrete industry. As a salute to these key members of the concrete production and delivery team, the award recognizes the driver’s career achievement, safety, professionalism, competence, and customer service skills. Congratulations to the 2017 award winners:
- 1st Place: Leonard “Glenn” Brown, Martin Marietta
- 2nd Place: Mark Bernal, Martin Marietta
- 2nd Place: Robert Coleman, Aggregate Industries
- 3rd Place: Esad Kasum, Martin Marietta
Co-Chair: Dana Svendsen, Sherman & Howard
Co-Chair: Tom Woerdeman, Transit Mix Concrete Co.