Hello CRMCA members,
Welcome to the August 2017 President’s Blog. As summer wraps up and school begins across the state the CRMCA committees and staff are preparing for a busy fall. See the information below for recent association updates and upcoming events:
- This week CRMCA participated with the Colorado Stone, Sand & Gravel Association and the Colorado Asphalt Pavement Association in the annual Industry Tour. This year’s event was held in Grand Junction at United Companies and Whitewater Building Materials’ facilities. Federal, state, and local elected and regulatory officials participated in the event. Thanks to all who came out and made this year’s event a success!
- On August 3rd, the Southern Market Committee of the CRMCA hosted an educational event on low- to mid-rise concrete construction at the Great Wolf Lodge in Colorado Springs. Concrete industry representatives, architects and engineers were in attendance to learn about the strength of building with concrete. Representatives of Build With Strength and the CRMCA were there to present and answer questions from the audience.
- On October 4th, the CRMCA’s Central Market Committee will host a free educational seminar, “Water is a Beverage, Not a Finishing Aid”, at the Pinehurst Country Club in Denver. During the seminar speakers will discuss the proper use of water, evaporative retarders, and finishing aids; how the use of these products impact your results; and introduce a newer technology, which can help the concrete finishing industry. Use this link to learn more and get registered!
- The National Ready Mixed Concrete Association will host their “Ready Mixed Concrete Safety Course” at the CRMCA offices October 17-19. This course teaches its participants about OSHA SAFETY compliance. It begins with why safety is so important and details the reasons why an effective safety program actually saves money through loss prevention and control. Participants learn about electrical safety, machine guarding, fall protection, hazard communication, confined spaces, personal protective equipment, fire fighting and evacuation, chute handling, fleet safety, pre-trip inspection and more. For details and registration use this link.
- In addition to these educational seminars, the CRMCA will host the annual Concrete Clay Shoot on September 28 at Colorado Clays in Brighton. All event proceeds will be donated to Support A Soldier a non-profit organization dedicated to providing U.S. military personnel with non-lethal ancillary equipment and other necessities to improve their safety, readiness, comfort, and efficiency in areas of combat operations. Use this link to learn more details and register.
- Also, please save the dates for the 2017 Annual Conference. This year’s conference will be hosted in conjunction with the Colorado Stone, Sand & Gravel Association at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs on November 16-17. Details and registration will be available in the coming weeks.
Thank you again for your support of the CRMCA. I wish you all a safe and strong close to the summer season.
CRMCA Board President
President | Oldcastle SW Group, Inc.
Co-authored by Annelise Shepherd, CRMCA Communications & Administrative Manager