Hello CRMCA members. It’s time again for the world renowned Ohlheiser Blog (at least in my world). With readership up month over month, we are getting positive messages out regarding the concrete industry. Here is what is going on within your association!!
- On July 20 and 21, CRMCA hosted a very successful Summer Conference in Vail. Attendance and sponsorship were very strong and the golf outing was at near record levels. View additional photos from this year’s event! The Summer Conference included a Strategic Planning update with your CRMCA board of director group. In this session, the future direction and key priorities were discussed and agreed upon. This clarity is significant, in that the CRMCA staff can focus on the most impactful items and priorities, therefore maximizing limited resources. I thank the board for their time, input and open communication.
- The NRMCA Build With Strength campaign continues to build momentum within CRMCA. In conjunction with NRMCA, this program it focused on regaining market share in the low to midrise buildings from 4 to 7 stories in height. We have had roll out meetings in Denver and Grand Junction, and Colorado Springs is scheduled for August 3rd at the Great Wolf Lodge. It is not too late to register for this event, which will include basic education of the program, as well as information for architects and engineers. I need to again thank project leader, Oliver Brooks (Martin Marietta) for his program oversight as this important campaign continues to gain ground. Thanks to him and our committee chairs for driving this forward throughout the state and association! Contact the association staff to see how you can get plugged in.
- In the last e-news, we announced the roll out of the new Exterior Concrete Flatwork Guide and Maintenance Best Practices! This guide is meant to help reduce call backs to you and your business, by communicating proper techniques and setting expectations for exterior flatwork. However, unless you get it in the hands of homebuilders, homeowners and finishers, it cannot make an impact. I encourage to use it to help make your life easier!! Contact JT Mesite to get either electronic or hard copies. Thanks again to Dana Rotkovich (Bestway) for his leadership in making this happen.
- On another positive front, in July, the Trump administration released the 2017 Update to the Unified Agenda of Regulatory and Deregulatory Actions to reduce the regulatory load on both OSHA and MSHA regulated businesses. This Update states “[b]y amending and eliminating regulations that are ineffective, duplicative, and obsolete, the Administration can promote economic growth and innovation and protect individual liberty.”** The Agenda mandates significant regulatory changes on fourteen OSHA and three MSHA initiatives that are under active consideration for the upcoming year. Jackson Kelly is helping lead this initiative, access additional information through their online Occupational Safety & Health publication.
- Lastly, I would encourage your attendance in 2 upcoming events. First is CRMCA’s Clay Shoot scheduled for September 28th in Brighton, CO. Register for the Clay Shoot today! The other is the Annual Conference on November 16-17 in Colorado Springs. Both are great opportunities to network and keep up to speed on industry and association news. I hope to see you at both events.
I hope everyone’s summer continues to be safe. Don’t forget to check us out at crmca.org or social media. Thanks for supporting your CRMCA!
Todd R. Ohlheiser
** Retrieved from JacksonKelly.com (July 27, 2017) Safety/Health