I hope you are staying well during these uncertain times. I wanted to ensure that the CRMCA membership is aware of ACI’s temporary recertification policy and changes in upcoming ACI Certifications. Please read on for more info.
The COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent emergency actions have caused many disruptions, including rescheduling of ACI Certification education and exam sessions to reduce the risk of spreading the virus. These actions may result in the expiration of ACI Certification of individuals seeking recertification before the rescheduled session takes place.
In confirmation with ACI, waiver of the expiration will be allowed on a temporary and individual basis as needed. ACI believes the Examiner of Record (EOR)/Specifier is the proper individual to review a technician’s credentials and determine if a waiver is warranted/appropriate on a temporary basis. This can then be documented in the project files along with an explanation referencing recertification difficulties due to COVID-19 disruptions.
This temporary form created by the Colorado Ready Mixed Concrete Association (CRMCA) is for currently certified individuals near or at their certification expiration date in Colorado who are unable to get certified because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Please follow the instructions on the form to submit your extension request. If approved, the form will be returned for your distribution to the appropriate project entities.
All ACI certifications and trainings through May 12 are postponed and plan to be rescheduled for a later date.
The dates impacted by this change are:
- ACI Field 1 Testing Technician Certification on 3.25.2020
- ACI Strength Testing Technician Certification on 3.26.2020
- ACI Concrete Transportation Construction Inspector Certification on 4.20.20-4.23.20
- ACI Field 1 Testing Technician Certification on 4.22.20
- ACI Aggregate Testing Technician Level 1 Certification on 4.23.20
- ACI Field 1 Testing Technician Certification 4.29.20 (Grand Junction)
- ACI Strength Testing Technician Certification on 4.30.20 (Grand Junction)
- ACI Field 1 Testing Technician Certification 5.7.20 (Colorado Springs)
- ACI Strength Testing Technician Certification on 5.8.20 (Colorado Springs)
At this time, we are planning to reschedule these certifications and we will communicate those dates when we have more information.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with any questions. Thank you for your time.
JT Mesite, P.E.
Colorado Ready Mixed Concrete Association (CRMCA)