Hello CRMCA Membership. As we transition from winter to spring, the weather is improving, and the days are getting longer. With this, comes the beginning of the busy construction season. So, as you all get busier, CRMCA is no exemption. Here are a few highlights of current activities and things to come.
- Colorado presence at NRMCA Convention. I was able to participate in the NRMCA Convention last week. This group continues to bring items forward that are beneficial to the concrete industry.
- Abbott Lawrence, a CRMCA board member (Martin Marietta) just completed his one-year term as Board Chairman with NRMCA. The entire industry thanks him for his service.
- Build With Strength continues to remain a large focus for the organization. As you are aware, CRMCA continues to be a strong advocate and partner with this program.
- The CRMCA CTAC program was again presented to State Affiliates around the country, as well as the Research, Engineering and Specification (RES) Committee. There continues to be great interest in the National launch of this program, which is now only about a month away.
- March Legislative Breakfast. Before the board meeting on March 23, Representative Mike Lynch spoke at the joint CRMCA/CSSGA Legislative Breakfast. It was a great opportunity to discuss specifics underway at the Capitol and gain insight on bills to follow. Here is a summary of bills CRMCA is tracking with the Legislative Subcommittee.
- Upcoming Events
- CRMCA/CSSGA Spring Networking Event on April 19. This will take place at ACE Eat & Serve in downtown Denver. Come out to re-engage with member and business acquaintances.
- Teller County Key Ceremony on 4/21. Be part of the action as the Habitat for Humanity home we have participated with is officially turned over to the new owners. This entire community is built entirely with concrete and ICF construction.
- Concrete Day at the Capitol on 4/29. You know the importance of this day, as we BBQ lunch for everyone at the state Capitol. We are always looking for volunteers, so contact Emma Dolan if you can assist.
- Western Slope Networking in June – Details to follow, but it is time to host another Networking Event on the West Slope as we are again able to move throughout the state.
- Summer Conference in Steamboat on July 21-22. Save the date now and get registered for this great event. I look forward to seeing everyone in Steamboat!
That’s it, and there is a lot going on. Contact myself, Annelise, JT or Emma of we can be of assistance. Thanks, and be safe!
Todd R. Ohlheiser
Colorado Ready Mixed Concrete Association