Fall is a wonderful time of year in Colorado. The smoke filled skies give way to blue bird, and there’s chill in the morning air. And if you ask me, pretty darn good conditions for the concrete industry, at least until the freeze/thaw cycles start. In many ways, this summer was more challenging than last. But our industry responded by doing what we do best: producing and delivering the products that make Colorado such a wonderful place to live. With continued strength in residential homebuilding, and a Federal infrastructure bill seemingly on the horizon, Colorado’s economic outlook remains positive.
At the CRMCA, we’re focused on continuous improvement. Whether it is our Build With Strength success, Colorado Testing Adherence Collaboration expansion, or newly refocused committee structure that ensures our members are getting the most value, the Association is wholly committed to getting better. We are also carefully monitoring the local and national development on vaccine mandates, as it presents unique challenges to the ready-mix industry.
The next several months are filled with events, and I hope you all take advantage of our upcoming opportunities for education, community outreach, safety and networking! Take care of yourselves and your families. I hope to see you soon at one of our events.
- September 29 – Concrete Inspection 101: Members of the CRMCA Southern Market Committee are partnering with El Paso County and the City of Colorado Springs to discuss concrete inspection in the Southern Colorado area. Topics include specifications, delivery, on-site testing, initial curing and strength testing, and other placement information. The presentation is geared towards those individuals involved in concrete construction on-site that observe, inspect, or are contractors, engineers and owners with on-site representatives.
- October 21 – Build With Strength Volunteer Day: Join us for a volunteer opportunity at the Trailhead Townhomes in Woodland Park, CO. The morning will kick off with a key ceremony, presenting the new homeowners with the keys to their newly constructed concrete home. All CRMCA Board members, along with Teller County Habitat for Humanity staff and Board members and other city representatives have been invited to attend. Lunch will follow the key ceremony and then a volunteer opportunity will kick off! All are invited to attend to assist the Habitat for Humanity team with further construction on the third town home unit. For more information, please contact: Emma Dolan, 720-297-9902 or email@example.com
- October 21 – OSHA Roundtable: CRMCA/CSSGA’s Safety Committee will host Compliance Assistance Specialist, John Olaechea, for an interactive roundtable discussion on October 21. If you have any specific topics you would like addressed prior to the meeting please email Annelise Shepherd your questions/comments.
- November 3 – Clay Shoot: This year’s Clay Shoot is scheduled for November 3 at Colorado Clays in Brighton! Join the association as we gather for lunch, shooting, and an awards ceremony. All event proceeds go to Support-A-Soldier.
- November 18-19 – Annual Conference: The 2021 Annual Conference will take place in-person at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. The conference registration is live and early bird registration is available through October 15! Register today for an opportunity to network with industry leaders in a beautiful setting while engaging in educational sessions.
Cole Jacobs, Martin Marietta
Board President, Colorado Ready Mixed Concrete Association