Here you can find information regarding Frequently Asked Questions related to Certificaitons
Use this link to view our scheduled ACI Certifications.
Use this link to navigate to the CRMCA calendar of events. Locate the date of your exam on the calendar and click on the link. The address of your exam will be listed on the page and a link to Google maps is provided. When arriving at the specified location, follow all parking and building directions.
CRMCA members receive up to a 40% discount on all certifications. If you do not work for a member company, please select the “non-member” rate on all registrations. The member rates are specific to CRMCA and not related to ACI membership.
All Colorado state, county, city, and municipality employees receive member pricing.
To check the status of your membership please contact Emma Dolan (firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-297-9902)
If you are interested in becoming a member of CRMCA and receiving discounted ACI Certifications, click here to learn more.
ACI receives all completed exams by mail after your certification date. They grade and process all exams and post/distribute your credentials directly.
ACI works to have exams processed and graded between 7 and 10 business days after receiving them from the examiner. If it has been more than 4 weeks, it is possible the Postal Service was unable to deliver your credentials due to a bad address. Please contact ACI at email@example.com or (248) 848-3790 to verify your results and address. As of May of 2020, ACI also provides exam results via email (these will be delivered to the email address you provide the day of your certification on your exam).
You will need to retest the written or performance portion of the exam to become ACI certified. ACI allows one calendar year from the date of failure to retest that portion of the exam. If you do not pass the written or performance portion of the exam within a year, you will need to retake the entire certification. We recommend reviewing the sections and standards you initially did not pass prior to re-examination.
To retest just a written or performance only portion of the exam visit the CRMCA Certification Registration web page, select the date you would like to retest, and select either “Written Retest Only” or “Performance Retest Only” on the registration form.
If you hold a current certification, check the expiration date here. ACI certifications are valid for 5 years from the initial certification or recertification date. CRMCA does not control certification validity in Colorado. You must register and recertify prior to the expiration date for your certification to be considered valid.
This is considered a transfer request and refers to moving from your original registration date to a future certification date. Contact Emma Dolan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-297-9902.
Transfers requested at least 4 weeks prior to the date of the exam will receive a full refund or credit toward the new date.
Transfers requested less than 4 weeks, but at least 2 days before exam will incur a $100 cancellation fee.
Transfers requested within 48 hours of the exam will not be eligible for a refund.
Fees will not be applied to a COVID-19 illness related cancellation.
Yes, there will be no fee assessed if you need to replace one employee from a company with another for the same date. Please email Emma Dolan (email@example.com) with the full name of the employee on the original registration, the date and type of certification and the full name of the employee you are substituting.
Cancellations requested at least 4 weeks prior to the date of the exam will receive a full refund.
Cancellations requested less than 4 weeks, but at least 2 days before exam will incur a $100 cancellation fee.
Day of “no-shows” or cancellations within 48 hours of the exam will not be eligible for a refund.
Fees will not be applied for COVID-19 related cancellations. Contact Emma Dolan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-297-9902.
You should receive an ACI workbook 4-6 weeks prior to your exam. Workbooks will be delivered to the street address included on your online registration form. If you have not received your study material a month prior to the certification, contact your office administrator. If they do not have your study material, contact Emma Dolan at email@example.com or 720-297-9902 for shipment tracking information.
- Field I. CRMCA offers a day long training for ACI Field Testing Technician – Grade I. Trainings are separate from certification dates. Training sessions require pre-registration and are free for members – the cost for non-members is $100.00. This training does not include a workbook. Use this link to view scheduled Field 1 Trainings in Colorado.
- Flatwork Finisher. CRMCA offers a half-day refresher/review of the Flatwork Finisher material and study material prior to the written exam that same day. Your registration cost for Flatwork Finisher includes a workbook that will be sent to you prior to the certification date. Use this link to view scheduled Flatwork Finisher certifications.
- Concrete Transportation Construction Inspector, Concrete Construction Special Inspector, and Cement Physical Tester. Refresher/review days are offered prior to these certifications. The additional refresher/review days are included in the full exam cost.
All other listed certification dates do not include any training or review prior to, or the day of, the certification. All registrations for full exams include the cost of a workbook that will be sent to you prior to the certification. You are responsible for in-depth review of the provided material prior to the exam date.
CRMCA does not offer online training. We strongly recommend training occurs through your company.
In-person training for the ACI Field Testing Technician – Grade I is available through the ACI Registration page.
CRMCA’s YouTube Channel offers instructional videos for some certification elements.
In addition to online training, you will need to study the provided ACI manual in depth to be adequately prepared for your certification.
Yes. You can request Spanish exams and/or workbooks for the following certifications:
- Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade I
- Concrete Flatwork Associate, Finisher, and Advanced Finisher
Requests. CRMCA requires that you submit a written request for the Spanish version of an exam 4 weeks in advance of the date of certification. CRMCA requires that you submit a written request for the Spanish version of a workbook at least 6 weeks in advance of the date of certification.
Special Scheduling. Spanish instruction/administration of exams must be requested as a group at least 6 weeks prior to the anticipated examination. Group sessions must be scheduled through the CRMCA directly and separate of listed certification sessions.
ACI Certification programs are ADA-compliant. Individuals who are seeking certification and require reasonable accommodations must provide ACI Certification (firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-848-3718) with a letter from their physician that outlines the recommended accommodations. ACI will review the request and formulate a recommended course of action for CRMCA to follow. All requests are handled on a case-by-case basis and must be made allowing enough time for evaluation and appropriate action by ACI. These requests cannot be made through the CRMCA.
To contact ACI Certification, call (248) 848-3790 or email email@example.com.
To comply with social distancing guidelines and reduce the number of registrants present at one time, CRMCA has split all ACI certifications into separate morning and afternoon sessions.
After registering, you should receive an email with details about the start time for your scheduled certification at least one month prior to the certification date. If you have any questions or would like to confirm your registration status please reach out to Emma Dolan, firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-297-9902.
Due to COVID-19 attendees may be required to abide by the following. Please note, this is not an exhaustive list.
- Temperature checks upon arrival at all certifications.
- Wearing a protective face mask (over your nose and mouth). – Due to a state shortage a priority being directed to health care professionals at this time, CRMCA will not be able to provide a face mask for you at your certification. You will not be admitted to the certification without a face mask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Do not attend the session if you have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 symptoms.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Maintaining a distance of 6+ feet from other attendees or examiners.
- Bring your own pencil, calculator, etc., if you are able. (CRMCA will have these available to use but we would like to limit the number of people handling these items).
- Stay home if you are feeling sick.
This information is subject to change based on any updates to the suggestions/requirements set forth by the state of Colorado, testing facility, and/or CRMCA.
Items you should plan to bring to your certification:
- Photo ID
- Closed-toe shoes
- Proper PPE clothing (long sleeves, long pants, etc.)
- Eye protection
- A face mask/face covering, as required by the state due to COVID-19