The Joint Safety Committee promotes excellence in safety and health by developing and implementing programs to meet the unique needs of the Aggregate and Ready Mixed Concrete industries; disseminate information on regulatory compliance and administration of health and safety programs, including training; providing operational input on safety and health issues to MSHA & OSHA as required; communicating and working with other committees in CRMCA & CRMCA, as well as NRMCA, NSSGA and other state association partners.
Safety Committee Overview
CRMCA works closely with members of the Colorado Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (CSSGA) in order to promote excellence in safety compliance.
Safety is an essential and critically important attribute of any ready mixed and/or mining operation. All of CRMCA’s producer members are focused on worker safety with a safe and well managed plant operation.
This committee has a strong working relationship with numerous agencies including: the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the Department of Transportation, and the Mine Safety and Health Administration.
CRMCA Endorses Concrete Pumping Safety Wrapping as a Best Management Practice
Mixer Driver Training
CRMCA supports NRMCA’s comprehensive driver education program which supports training efforts and helps companies reach safety, quality, customer satisfaction, morale and retention goals. Access their mixer driver training resources at NRMCA’s website.
1. Rodman C. Stewart Memorial Leadership Award: This award recognizes the outstanding individuals that have made substantial contributions to his or her company’s or to the industry’s efforts toward proactive, safe operating practices. Congratulations to Greg Levitt of Martin Marietta for her 2018 win!
2. Safety Innovation Award: This award recognizes the production employee who has made superior and innovative contributions to his or her company regarding safety efforts. Congratulations to Ronnie Rose of Martin Marietta for their recognition in 2018!
3. Annual Team Safety Award: Plants and mining operations are awarded based upon the frequency rate of reportable incidents and lost time incidents on an annual basis.
4. Mixer Truck Driver of the Year Award: The Colorado Ready Mixed Concrete Association’s Driver of the Year Award acknowledges the significant contribution of ready mixed concrete truck drivers to the growth and success of individual companies and the ready mixed concrete industry. As a salute to these key members of the concrete production and delivery team, the award recognizes the driver’s career achievement, safety, professionalism, competence, and customer service skills. Congratulations to the 2018 award winners:
- 1st Place: Paul Gorce, Bestway Concrete & Aggregate
- 2nd Place: Ron Coop, Martin Marietta
- 3rd Place: Lanny Bemis, Transit Mix Concrete
Co-Chair: Dana Svendsen, Sherman & Howard
Co-Chair: Tom Woerdeman, Transit Mix Concrete Co.