The American Concrete Institute (ACI) is a global organization dedicated to the advancement of concrete technology through research and education. As part of that mission the Rocky Mountain Chapter ACI hosts the Excellence in Concrete Awards. The program recognizes excellence in architectural and structural design as well as the unique, innovative, and sustainable uses of concrete in Colorado projects at its annual Excellence in Concrete Awards presentation. All projects are recognized at the presentation and three designated project team members are presented with an attractive Excellence in Concrete Award.
The Rocky Mountain Chapter ACI Board of Directors will select local project winners for nomination to the ACI National Excellence in Concrete Construction Awards. The projects will compete in an international competition with awardees being recognized at the 2022 ACI Fall Concrete Convention and Exposition in Dallas, Texas.
- Nominations are accepted from any person/firm involved in the project
- Projects completed from January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2021 are eligible for submittal
- Project can utilize any type of Portland cement concrete: shotcrete, self-consolidating, roller compacted, pervious
- Project construction can be standard forming, tilt-up, pre-cast, shotcrete, or cast-in-place
Submittals are Invited in the following Categories
- Commercial/Industrial Buildings – privately funded projects such as office buildings, hospitals, sports facilities, manufacturing or warehouse facilities, parking structures
- Residential – single family or mutli-family
- Civic Structures – publicly funded projects such as schools, military facilities, community water parks
- Infrastructure – bridges, tunnels, roads, water and power resources
- Flatwork/Paving – parking lots, overlays, runways
- Decorative Concrete – floors, artwork, specialty architectural features
For complete information about project submittal requirements please visit RMACI.
Deadline to enter is February 15, 2022