Hello CRMCA members. The calendar has turned to late October, with Halloween and November upon us. I hope your year continues to be safe and prosperous. Here are a few updates regarding CRMCA.
- Governmental Affairs
- CONCRETE PAC Contributions: While the election is now very close, it is not too late to contribute to the CRMCA CONCRETEPAC. Elections are important and the only real way we can play a role in the future decisions made that will impact us all. Companies and individuals can contribute up the $550 towards the PAC, which enables us to support candidates that support our industry.
- Candidate Endorsements. The CRMCA candidate endorsement list has been circulated to members. It includes a list of candidates from both sides of the isle. If you haven’t seen it or have questions please to reach out. Feel free to utilize and distribute as you see fit. Regardless of how or who you vote for, I encourage everyone to get out and vote!!!
- Recent Events:
- NRMCA’s ConcreteWorks and PCA’s Fall Committee Meetings. We were fortunate to be the hosting state for the 2022 NRMCA ConcreteWorks, which concluded earlier this month. JT Mesite and I were able to present information on our Concrete Testing Adherence Collaboration (CTAC) several times to this national audience. This included presentations at the NRMCA Research, Education and Specification (RES) Committee meeting, as well as a separate program specifically for CTAC. I want to thank NRMCA for the partnership as we continually strive to improve the quality and consistency of fresh concrete field testing. Contact JT Mesite if you need information on the program.
- Additionally, I was able to attend the national ACI convention this past week. Both JT and I are engaged with several committees that change and modify the specifications and uses for concrete. Also, the ACI Rocky Mountain Chapter was recognized at the Awards banquet for having one of the top projects from all global entries. Information from this recognition will be presented during one of the breakout sessions at our Annual Conference. Make plans to attend, it will not disappoint!
- Upcoming Events:
- Safety Roundtable Our joint CRMCA/CSSGA Safety Committee will be hosting a Roundtable on November 10th at the CRMCA office. Contact JT Mesite for additional information.
- Networking Event. Understanding the importance of Networking, we will host a joint Networking Event in the Northern part of the State. This will occur on Nov 17 in Ft Collins. Make plans to attend with producers, vendors, suppliers and prospective members. These interactive sessions are always a great way to engage in with industry associates.
- The CRMCA/CSSGA Joint Annual Conference will take place December 6 – 7 at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. This years event is moved back a few weeks from previous dates, allowing our members to experience the Broadmoor while fully decorated for the Holidays. We have great speakers lined up for educational end informative sessions which are designed to help you back at your place of business. Register Now!
- Looking ahead to 2023, we will again host the very popular Denver Stock Show Rodeo Night. Mark your calendar for Thursday, Jan 12 and make plans to attend! Additionally, more information will be coming soon on the annual CRMCA/CSSGA Ski Day.
Thanks for your participation. Please reach out if we can be of assistance. I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Halloween!
Todd R. Ohlheiser