As busy as we all have been this summer, I hope all have been able to take a breath between jobs, pours, testing, and meetings. Concrete and its ingredients are all in high demand. With high demand, comes the need for fast responses, ingenuity on processes and design, an enhanced knowledge base.
The Colorado Ready Mixed Concrete Association (CRMCA) can assist with many of the needs noted above for concrete planning, mix design, and construction.
ASTM Testing Procedure assistance for fresh concrete testing and laboratory strength testing.
- The videos on CRMCA’s YouTube page assist in understanding procedures including tips and reasoning. The certification procedure videos include:
- Watch out for new content or just Subscribe to the channel.
ACI Certifications in Colorado provide technicians with the required credentials to perform on-site testing.
- Certifications available and open for registration in the Fall 2022 include:
- Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade 1
- TRAINING for Concrete Field Testing Technician
- Concrete Strength Testing Technician
- Aggregate Testing Technician – Level 1 and Level 2
- Concrete Laboratory Testing Technician – Level 2
- Aggregate/Soils Base Testing Technician
- Concrete Flatwork Associate, Finisher, and Advanced Finisher
- Supplemental Examiners (SEs) are ALWAYS needed! Email me at email@example.com to be added to the distribution list for volunteer requests. Read more about SE’s here.
Quick-reference Guides for Colorado concrete team members on all types of projects.
- Pre-construction Meeting Checklist for a smooth project from the beginning.
- Exterior Concrete Flatwork Construction and Maintenance Best Practice (English & Spanish)
- Assisting with planning and the installation of exterior concrete.
- Homeowner’s Ongoing Exterior Concrete Maintenance Guide
- A helpful guide to assist homeowners during and after concrete placement to extend the life and enjoyment of their property.
- Concrete in Colorado documents begin with these facts and reference the appropriate Specifications and Standards.
Presentations on highly interesting topics through the years.
- Cold Weather Concrete in Colorado
- Using High Early Concrete or Accelerators: One Hot Topic (Access a Recording; Passcode: =Mm!kR0#)
- 3D Concrete Printing (Passcode: H+c^i30b)
- Ash an Expert: A Prelude to Alternative SCMs (Access a Recording; Passcode: pmU6M*2M)
- EPC Engage: The Dos and Don’ts of Concrete Work (Concrete Inspection 101) (Access a Recording)
- Portland Lime Cement (PLC Type IL) (Access a Recording; Passcode: gLYu%13K)
Many of these documents and other educational information can be accessed through the CRMCA Technical Resources webpage. These references are only available because of the teamwork and commitment of the CRMCA Market and Technical Committee members that continue to share their collective knowledge in the industry with all of us. Thank you all.
If you have any comments or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
JT Mesite, P.E.