Hello CRMCA members. Here is the most recent version of the CRMCA blog. I hope your summer continues to go well. While it has been hot, we will soon be asking for warmer weather as fall sets in. I personally prefer the heat! Here is a brief update.
- Governmental Affairs and Environmental Issues
- Waters of the US (WOTUS). As mentioned in the previous blogs, the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE) has requested the participation of CSSGA and CRMCA in a Task Force to discuss WOTUS and possible actions due to changes going on Nationally. We have submitted comments and will be very involved regarding a potential congressional bill on the subject. Our next steps will be to engage in the bill drafting and legislative process on behalf of the concrete and aggregate mining industries.
- CTAC Update: We continue to build momentum as many states are utilizing the system and our focus on simplified reporting with members and send to contractors, municipalities, counties, etc. We are making a renewed push to engage members in completing on site observations on their concrete, as well as the labs to use this tool to assist in training. If you have questions or would like to learn more about the program, contact JT Mesite for information.
- Member Engagement Roundtable Sessions: We have completed the majority of the Roundtable sessions to gather feedback and input on ways to increase member engagement and be more effective. Emma Dolan and I met many of you in your office locations as part of this process. Key findings and take-a-ways were discussed with the board of directors as part of the summer outing, and several changes will be implemented over the coming months. Thanks to those who were part of the process and contributed your thoughts and ideas on improving CRMCA.
- I mentioned the CRMCA Truck Driver competition previously, but wanted to again thank the companies that participated and all the volunteers that made the event a success. Without your help, this event would not be the success it is today!
- The Summer Outing was another huge success in Vail last week. In addition to the golf and business networking, the CRMCA and CSSGA board of director groups go through a session for updating our strategic plan. This is a critical part of our business process that keeps us focused on the things that are important to the board and the entire concrete industry
- Lastly, the registration for the Annual Conference at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs will be out soon. The event is scheduled for November 16 and 17 and I look forward to seeing everyone there. We are getting some great speakers set up for the keynotes and breakout sessions. It promises to be a great event.
Thanks again. Please reach out if we can be of assistance.
Todd R. Ohlheiser, CAE
Colorado Ready Mixed Concrete Association (CRMCA)
Colorado Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (CSSGA)