In this unprecedented year, the CRMCA and CSSGA Board Presidents collaborated to bring you a Joint Presidents’ Blog. Please read on to for their messages and updates from the associations’ 2020 Annual Conference.
Cole Jacobs, Martin Marietta, CRMCA Board President
With the Annual Conference behind us, the holiday season is in full swing. This year will be memorable for so many reasons. While the pandemic will steal the spotlight, I’ll remember our industry’s contribution to economic prosperity. I’ll remember the thousands of safe jobs we provided. And finally, I’ll remember working with the CRMCA and CSSGA, under extraordinary circumstances, to advance our vision and agenda forward.
I’d like to personally thank our members for your support of our Association. Our CRMCA Board of Directors, for providing steady leadership during trying times. Our committee leaders, for selflessly volunteering significant time above and beyond your regular jobs. And finally, the Association staff for your quick adaptation and tireless behind-the-scenes work to make this year a success.
I’m excited for 2021. I believe we’ll get the pandemic behind us and return to a comfortable level of normalcy. I’m grateful to serve for another year and look forward to seeing you all again soon, in person. Merry Christmas, and may the New Year bring good health and prosperity to all.
Zane Luttrell, Rocky Mountain Aggregate & Construction, CSSGA Board President
It has been a privilege to serve on the leadership board of the CSSGA this year. We have an exceptional membership that has been flexible in providing the necessary resources to make our organization a success in 2020. Without you, we would not be where we are today. Thank you to the membership for adapting to the COVID pandemic, participating in numerous virtual board meetings, committee meetings and making our Annual Conference a success. It will be a pleasure to see everyone in person again, until then we will continue to use the best technology to make this association work hard for your membership. I would like to say thank you to our staff at the CSSGA, they have “design built” our operations to great success this year, we are fortunate to have them as a part of our team. It is my hope and prayer that you and your organization have a safe and prosperous holiday season.
Joint Association Updates from the 2020 Annual Conference
- Congratulations to the 2020 Award Winners!
- CRMCA Committee of the Year: Southern Market Committee Chair, Darrin Borgschatz, Martin Marietta
- Technical Recognition and Day Time Emmy: JT Mesite, CRMCA
- Outstanding Grassroots Leadership: Ben Frei, Albert Frei & Sons
- Safety Innovation: James “Jamie” Duncan, Martin Marietta
- Safety Innovation: Travis Newman, Martin Marietta
- Unprecedented Innovation: Chad Shepherd, Martin Marietta
- Rodman C. Stewart Memorial Leadership Award: Chris Downs, Martin Marietta
- Legacy Leadership: Industry Safety: Albert Quist, Aggregate Industries
- Mixer Truck Driver of the Year Finalists: John Descipio, Aggregate Industries, and Jason “Jay” Broege, Martin Marietta
- Mixer Truck Driver of the Year First Place: James Jones, Aggregate Industries
- Jack Starner Memorial Reclamation Award – Outstanding Reclamation: Four Corners Materials
- Jack Starner Memorial Reclamation Award – Outstanding Community Outreach & Education: Martin Marietta, Taft Hill Sand and Gravel
- Recorded Event. Watch this video for updates from both associations, 2020 award winners, and an election analysis. Stick around for the end for the grand finale from Executive Director, Todd Ohlheiser!
- Safety Innovation Information. The goal of our Safety Innovation Awards is to share best practices with the industry. Access the information here.
- Post-Conference Survey. Your feedback helps us shape future events. Please complete this survey to drive future association events.
- ConRock Colorado. For the first time in many years, the CRMCA and CSSGA collaborated on a joint industry publication! Conference attendees and members received copies of the publication via mail. You also have convenient access to the digital edition – check it out and share with our network!