Hello CRMCA members. While the leaves are turning, so is the weather. The heat from summer has passed and we are now officially in the Fall season in Colorado. It is a great time of year. Hopefully you were, or still plan, to see the fall colors in the mountains. Always a great time of year. With that, here is what is going on.
- CONCRETE PAC Contributions: Just one final reminder that it is not too late to contribute to the CRMCA CONCRETEPAC. I know you have heard it before, but I urge everyone to contribute as even a little money goes a long way in contributions to the candidates that help advance our industry. Elections are important and the only real way we can play a role in the future decisions made that will impact us all. Companies and individuals can contribute up the $550 towards the PAC, which enables us to support candidates that support our industry.
- Candidate Endorsements. Additionally, this eNews includes a copy of the CRMCA candidate endorsement list. It includes a list of candidates from both sides of the isle. Please feel free to utilize and distribute as you see fit.
- Mixer Truck Driver Championship. I need to again mention the very successful Mixer Truck Driver Championship. The event took place on August 20 at Jeffco Stadium in Lakewood. Thirteen drivers competed overall with the competition consisting of a written test, driving skills and safety pre-check competition. Our winner is automatically entered into the NRMCA ConcreteWorks Truck Driver Competition, which will take place right here at the Gaylord of the Rockies this Saturday morning. Over 80 professional drivers are scheduled to compete. This is open to spectators, so I encourage all to come out and see this competition in action. It is quite a sight to see and an impressive event.
- NRMCA’s ConcreteWorks and PCA’s Fall Committee Meetings. As mentioned regarding the Driver competition, we are fortunate to be hosting state for the 2022 NRMCA ConcreteWorks. It began Thursday, Sept 29 and I was able to present information on our Concrete Testing Adherence Collaboration (CTAC) at the NRMCA Research, Education and Specification (RES) Committee. Additionally, JT Mesite and I will present the entire program on Sunday afternoon to the national membership. I want to thank NRMCA for the partnership as we continually stive to improve the quality and consistency of fresh concrete field testing.
- Safety Roundtable Our joint CRMCA/CSSGA Safety Committee will be hosting a Roundtable with John Olaechea, CIH, CSP with OSHA – Region VIII on November 10th at 10:30am. Contact JT Mesite (email@example.com) for more information or to register.
- Networking Event. Understanding the importance of Networking, we will host a joint Networking Event in the Northern part of the State. This will occur on Nov 17 at the New Belgium Brewery in Ft Collins. Please make plans to attend with producers, vendors, suppliers and prospective members. These interactive sessions are always a great way to engage in with industry associates.
- The CRMCA/CSSGA Joint Annual Conference will take place December 6 – 7 at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. This year’s event is moved back a few weeks from previous dates, allowing our members to experience the Broadmoor while fully decorated for the Holidays. We have great speakers lined up for educational end informative sessions which are designed to help you back at your place of business. Registration and Sponsorship info is available on the CRMCA website.
- Looking ahead to 2023, we will again host the very popular Denver Stock Show Rodeo Night. Mark your calendar for Thursday, Jan 12 and make plans to attend! Info will be available soon.
Thanks, for your participation. Please reach out, if we can be of assistance.
Todd R. Ohlheiser
Colorado Ready Mixed Concrete Association
Colorado Stone, Sand & Gravel Association