Hello CRMCA members and industry professionals. I have enjoyed seeing many of you over the first couple months of 2019 at our new and long-standing association events. Read on for a recap of recent events and what’s to come this year.
- As the legislative session is now underway, the CRMCA and CRMCA legislative committee meets at the State Capitol every Monday morning to discuss pending legislation with our lobbyist, Totsy Rees. Members of CRMCA and CSSGA are welcome to attend. Additionally, we will hold monthly Legislative Breakfasts on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from January thru April. Obviously, we will be focused on infrastructure funding once again, in addition to other bills. Look for details on the website or call for more information.
- Additionally, CRMCA hosted another successful Night at the Rodeo at the Denver Stock Show on Thursday, January 17. This is always a great event and networking opportunity for both producer and associate members. So, in addition to a world class rodeo, attendees were treated to a BBQ dinner and tour of the Forney Museum. The cars, motorcycles and trains at this museum are truly impressive and were enjoyed by everyone.
- The other recent event was something new for us, the Ski Outing in the resort town of Breckenridge. We began the event on February 7 with a Joint Market Committee meeting at the Village Hotel followed by a Networking Event at Bold Restaurant. We were thrown for a loop when all the ski lifts in Summit Country were closed for a few hours the next day, but those willing to wait were able to take advantage of great snow conditions. A luncheon closed out the event on February 8. I want to thank all those who participated and sponsored the event. Hopefully this is another event that proved to be worthwhile to members going forward. Regardless if you attended or not, I encourage you to fill out the Post-Event Survey as your feedback helps us shape future events.
- Moving forward we have the Joint CRMCA/CSSGA Networking Event at the Governor’s Mansion on March 19. We will be inviting members of the state legislature, along with several regulatory branches. This is always a great time to network with industry professionals, association members, and those elected to office in a small group setting. Use this link to register for the event.
- Also, please save the date for April 23 Concrete Day at the Capitol BBQ and the 2019 Summer Conference which will take place July 25-26 in Steamboat Springs.
Finally, as many of you know, Colorado lost a great industry leader this month. Christopher Varra passed away on February 10, 2019. He will be greatly missed by his friends, colleagues, and most of all his family. Chris’ obituary can be accessed on the Darrell Howe Mortuary’s website.
Thanks to you for all that you do for CRMCA. Please reach out if there is anything we can do to assist you with your business.
Todd R. Ohlheiser
Colorado Ready Mixed Concrete Association