Hello CRMCA members. As we continue to sit in the deep freeze with these crazy weather patterns, I am sure many of us are ready for Spring. Seems like that Groundhog let us down again!!!!! What’s up with that guy and who does he report to????? Based on the calendar, the weather will warm up soon. Let’s hope so.
Regardless of the weather, a lot of activities are happening. Here is a brief overview:
- Recent Events:
- CRMCA Night at the Rodeo. It was great to once again meet up with business acquaintances at the Forney Museum and Denver Stock Show Rodeo. We had a catered dinner while exploring the trains and automobile collection at the museum and then went across the street to the rodeo event. It is always great to see the live action of a rodeo and be part of a great tradition, all while networking with business associates. If you missed the event, plan to attend next year!
- CRMCA/CSSGA Networking Event. Speaking of Groundhog day, on Feb 2 we hosted a Networking Event in Fort Collins. It has been a while since we held an event in the North part of the state and it was well attended by over 40 participants. Thanks to those who attended and our sponsors including 4Rivers Equipment, EnviroServe, GCC of America, Monarch Mountain Minerals and Aggregates, Solomon Colors, Tetra Tech and Vibra-Tech.
- Upcoming Events:
- Ski Day. We will again host the Ski Day in Breckenridge, which is scheduled for Feb 27-28. Again, another opportunity for great networking while enjoying the great outdoors that Colorado is famous for.
- Legislative Breakfast and Board Meetings. There are 2 ways to get plugged in to legislative affairs with CRMCA.
- The first is our Legislative Meetings, held via conference call every Tuesday at 7:30 am during the Legislative Session. These meeting are open to all members as we discuss bills brought forward at the Capitol in the law-making process. Contact Emma Dolan if you want to engage in the process and voice your opinion on legislative issues.
- The second opportunity is participating in the monthly Legislative Breakfasts. The next one is scheduled to take place at 7:15 am on March 22 downtown Denver in CIVIC CENTER PLAZA 1560 Broadway, 19th Floor Conference Room. Members will hear from several elected officials and receive updates on the bills our industry is deal with. Additionally, members are welcome to attend the monthly board meeting that will follow. Contact Emma Dolan for additional details.
- CTAC Update. Lastly, most of you are aware the CRMCA has been focused on improving the accuracy of fresh concrete field testing for several years. To this end, we in the process of expanding the program to other states in order to benchmark best practices and engage other states in helping with this initiative. If you have questions or would like to learn more about the program, contact JT Mesite for information.
Lastly, I am pleased to announce the CRMCA was recognized as the top State Association of the Year for 2022 by the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association. This marks the 4th time in 7 years that CRMCA has been recognized with this honor. I am proud of our team of JT, Emma and Nicole for the roles they play in driving improvement within our industry and making a difference. However, none of this would be possible without the dedicated Board of Directors and all the members that assist every day in our committees and events. Thank you for what you do and let’s keep driving the concrete industry forward.
Thanks for making CRMCA the strong and productive association it is today. Please reach out if we can be of assistance.
Todd R. Ohlheiser