Hello CRMCA members. Here is the most recent version of the CRMCA blog. As summer is in full swing, members and CRMCA staff are very busy. Here is a brief update.
- Governmental Affairs and Environmental Issues
- Waters of the US (WOTUS). As mentioned in the previous blog, the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE) has requested the participation of CSSGA and CRMCA in a Task Force to discuss WOTUS and possible actions due to changes going on nationally. We are engaged in the process and working with our water experts and legal representative on the situation. There will be a bill regarding this in the next Legislative Session, which we will be very involved with. It will be critical to get this right or our members will live with the consequences of a ruling that can be extremely difficult to adapt to.
- CTAC Update: Our CTAC program continues to gain momentum across the US as we are on a mission to improve concrete testing. We continue to build momentum as many states are utilizing the system, We are now focused on simplified reporting that members and send to contractors, municipalities, counties, etc. Only be getting the proper information to groups like this, can we drive the change we need to make to improve testing. If you have questions or would like to learn more about the program, contact JT Mesite for information.
- Member Engagement Roundtable Sessions: We continue to engage with members in our Roundtable sessions to gather feedback and input on ways to increase member engagement and be more effective. Emma Dolan and I have traveled to many member offices as part of this process. Key findings and take-a-ways will be discussed with the board of directors as part of the summer outing, and changes implemented as appropriate. This allows us to keep pushing the envelope regarding continuous improvement.
- We had a great Networking Event in the West Slope on June 20. This was preceded by a river rafting trip in the afternoon and Networking that evening. The board meeting then took place the following morning at the offices of United Companies (CRH). This allows us to move around the state as we continually stive to have statewide impact for all members in Colorado. Thanks to United for hosting the board meeting and all the participants in the events.
- Then, just last Saturday, July 22, we hosted the CRMCA Truck Driver competition. 15 skilled drivers competed in the driving coarse and written test. There is a separate write up in this e-news on this great event. Thanks to all who participated!
- Also, the Summer Outing is just around the corner in Vail on August 18-19. We have a lot of registrations and I look forward to a great event. If you have not yet registered, I would urge you to sign up and attend the event. Hope to see you there!
Thanks again. Please reach out if we can be of assistance.