Hello CRMCA members. As April is upon us, the weather is turning and getting warmer each week. I would say, now THAT was a cold winter! Or is it just me? Either way, I look forward to the spring and warmer days.
Here is a brief overview of what is going on at your ready mixed association!
- Recent Events:
- We had a very successful Legislative Breakfast on March 22nd at the Tetra Tech office in Downtown Denver. Representative Brianna Titone, District 27, and Representative Rose Pugliese, District 14 attended as our guest speakers. The interaction between these speakers and association members was great. These interactions are healthy as we are able to get points across that are critical to our industry. See below for the April meeting and make plans to attend. These meetings are before the board meetings, and are open to any member of either association.
- Ski Day & Networking Event. This great event occurred on February 27-28 in Breckenridge, which has now become an annual event. It includes members of both CRMCA and CSSGA. In addition to the Networking opportunity, the 3 CRMCA Market Committees across the state met before the event and laid out plans for the future year. The outcome includes both localized initiatives, plus items we can address with a statewide approach. Many members were on hand to take advantage of the opportunity. I want to thank all those who participated, and especially our sponsors including BURNCO Colorado, Loveland Ready Mix Concrete, MAPEI, Monarch Mountain Minerals and Aggregates.
- Upcoming Events:
- In an effort to enhance networking opportunities, our next Networking Event will occur in downtown Denver on April 18 at the ACE Eat Serve. As the Legislature is in session, we hope to have several members of the Senate and House attend. All members and perspective members are welcome, so if you know of anyone that should/could be a member, feel free to get with Emma and register them. Hope to see you there!
- Legislative Breakfast and Board Meetings. There is one Legislative Breakfast and Board meeting remaining before the end of the General Session. This will take place the morning of April 19 in downtown Denver in CIVIC CENTER PLAZA 1560 Broadway, 19th Floor Conference Room. As mentioned above, make plans to attend and help us interact with elected officials and impact the industry. Contact Emma Dolan to register for this fee event.
- Mark you calendars to attend the Summer Outing! This year we are returning to Vail on August 18-19. Registration will be out soon!
- CTAC Update. As I mentioned in the last blog, most of you are aware the CRMCA has been focused on improving the accuracy of fresh concrete field testing for several years. To this end, we in the process of expanding the program to other states in order to benchmark best practices and engage other states in helping with this initiative. JT Mesite presented the program to a capacity filled room at the CONEXPO earlier in March. If you have questions or would like to learn more about the program, contact JT Mesite for information.
Thanks for making CRMCA the strong and productive association it is today. Please reach out if we can be of assistance.
Todd R. Ohlheiser, CAE
CSSGA & CRMCA