Hello CRMCA Members,
I hope you had a relaxing and safe Memorial Day weekend. I also hope you had an opportunity to take a moment to appreciate the men and women who have served our country and did not return home. Thank you to the individuals who have fought to give us our freedom.
CRMCA had an active May and will continue that momentum through the summer. Please read on for recent initiatives and upcoming events:
- TCC Fly-In. I, along with my CIC partners, participated in the 2019 Transportation Construction Coalition Fly-In in D.C. over infrastructure week. Our group met in small face to face settings with our federal legislators and/or key staff members. We are hopeful that our legislators can set aside their differences and move a bi-partisan measure through congress to support infrastructure at the national level.
- Colorado Special Inspections Seminar. The CRMCA’s Central Market and Technical Committees hosted the “Colorado Special Inspections” seminar on May 14, 2019 in Denver, Colorado. The seminar was intended to bring forward the discussion of things every individual on a construction project might see – What are things you should look for? Who is responsible? What are the solutions? The presentation was led by Dana Rotkovich (BURNCO Colorado, LLC) and JT Mesite, P.E. (CRMCA), though it was truly an interactive presentation with the 99 engineers, inspectors, contractors, producers, and testing technicians that were involved in the discussion and sharing of best practices. Thanks to the members and municipality employees that were involved in the seminar.
- Concrete Waste Safety Bulletin. In 2019, a goal was set for the CRMCA Safety Committee to analyze industry practices regarding concrete waste pumping standards. After review of existing standards by the committee members, the group created the Concrete Waste Pumping Safety Bulletin. The safety bulletin can be used as is or edited and used as a template in your operation. If you have any questions regarding the bulletin or ideas in which CRMCA can help increase industry safety please reach out to me or Annelise.
- 2019 Summer Conference. This year’s Summer Conference will take place in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. This is a great event to enjoy the Rocky Mountains in the summer and network with members. Please get registered today.
- Jay Martin Memorial Golf Tournament. The Southern Market Committee will be hosting the Jay Martin Memorial Golf Tournament on August 16 at the Eisenhower Golf Course in Colorado Springs. Stay tuned for registration and details.
Thank you for your participation in the CRMCA. If there is anything we can do to support your business please reach out to me, JT, Annelise, or Emma. Stay safe out there!
Todd R. Ohlheiser
Colorado Ready Mixed Concrete Association